From Elementary Principal, Rachael Lay
Dear Pathway Families,
With December upon us there are many things happening on campus and have put together a comprehensive list for your review.
- Holiday Shop will be open December 11 -15th. Hours are 7:30 – 7:55 am, 11:15 am – 12:30 pm, and 3-4 pm. This is an opportunity for our students to shop for family members. More information will be coming from our PTO.
- 2nd Grade Holiday Concert will be on Thursday, December 14th. The concert will be in the MPR at 6:00pm.
- The Daddy Daughter Dance is on December 16th from 5:00 – 7:00. Tickets may be ordered in the elementary office or online at Eventbrite.com.
- Class Parties will be on Thursday, December 21st. Teachers will be sending information to parents.
- Our Lost and Found is very full; please be sure to check for any missing items. We will need to donate those items not claimed by December 21st.
- If you have moved recently or changed your phone number, please contact the front office with current information. Having accurate information is essential should a child become ill or have an emergency.
- Tax Donations - As the calendar year winds down please remember ECA Tax Credit donations. Donate at the school, Checks payable to Sequoia Pathway Academy or you can pay by credit card as well. A copy of the donation form will be included with this letter.
- Kindergarten Enrollment 2017-2018 - We will begin to take kindergarten enrollment in January 2018 when we return from winter break. Students who will be 5 years old prior to August 31, 2018 can enroll for the 2018-19 school year. Enrollment packets and instructions can be obtained in the office or online at Sequoiapathway.org.
- Winter Holiday Office Hours - The office will have limited hours over the holidays. We will be closed December 25th though January 1st. Office hours on January 2 – 5th will be 8:00 am – 1:00 pm. Students will return on Monday, January 8th.
All classes have completed their benchmark testing in the areas of ELA and Math. The teachers will be analysis the data and compare the current scores to beginning of the year scores to drive the classroom instruction for the 2nd semester.
Note: This Friday the offices will close early on Friday, Dec 5th at 12:45pm for the staff to attend a required training. Please be sure your students are picked up on time.
From Secondary Principal & Campus Director, Dr. Alfonso Alva
December 5, 2017
We are entering the home stretch with only 13 days of school left until Winter Break! Parents, we need your support to end the semester strong. Please make sure your student attends school every day and arrives to school on time. Also, please take the time to check your student’s PowerSchool, and make sure they are completing all assignments- failure to complete assignments is the number one cause for failing grades.
PSAT scores are available starting this week on College Board- make sure to ask your student to check their email for their score release date. We had several student artists attend National Portfolio Day on Saturday, and our Varsity Robotics Team won the Judge’s Award at their first tournament of the year. Our Varsity Girls basketball team remains undefeated, and the Boys’ continue to impress with their efforts.
Parents, another friendly reminder that during pick up and drop off, you are not to drive on the easement or dirt at any time. Doing so creates an unsafe environment for our students and other drivers. We ask that you please abide by staff direction during pick-up and dismissal, as student safety is always our top priority.
A friendly reminder that you can find the dates, times and locations of all of our students’ games at sequoiapathway.org>Calendar>Featured Events or directly through this link: http://www.sequoiapathway.org/calendar/featured_events/
Dec. 15th - Holiday Concert
Dec. 19th-20th - Final Exams
Dec. 22- Jan. 5th - Winter Break
Have a wonderful week!
Dr. Alfonso F. Alva
Campus Director/High School Principal